JACCU is looking for a Marketing Director
JACCU, the Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht is a non-profit cultural organisation based in the city of Utrecht. We offer a centre for gathering, practice, research and continuous learning. We welcome both Japanese and non-Japanese alike to indulge their interests in the art & culture related to Japan.
Our mission is to unite and support the organisations, initiatives, artists and practitioners who are representing and nourishing Japanese art and culture in the Netherlands and around. We partner up with local organisations and individuals. Together we co-organise and facilitate language courses, training in various martial arts, traditional arts & craft workshops and many other socially-engaged activities. We aim to provide a rich and high-quality cultural offering under one roof to enrich the cultural climate of Utrecht and the Netherlands.
Marketing Director (4-6 hrs per week)
JACCU is active in Utrecht and the Netherlands with a wide network following our website, newsletters, social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and more. We are also aiming to be more visible in Europe and Japan.
As a marketing director, you will be responsible for our entire marketing strategy, including but not limited to holistic marketing, social marketing, service marketing through direct and digital marketing, organising promotional events, building a brand identity, and providing guidance to our team of online content editors.
- Design, implement and execute comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of JACCU and make it stand out as a reputational organisation
- Provide guidance and support to our team of volunteers who create content for the website, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- Build your own team of volunteers for content creation
- Generate ideas for content creation
- Initiate creation and design of giveaway materials proactively
- Identify opportunities for JACCU promotion, including relevant events, festivals, concerts, workshops, etc.
- Make a marketing budget and maintain
- Attend meetings, visit the Utrecht office when required
- Awareness of the Dutch cultural sector and marketing trends
- Genuine interest in Japan and Japanese art and culture
- 5+ years experience in a similar position, preferably in the art and culture field
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, a talent to convince and mobilise people with a good story
- Excellent command in Dutch and English (Reading Japanese is a plus)
- Experience in working in multicultural teams
What we offer
JACCU, the Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht is a new cultural initiative in Utrecht. We are offering a volunteer position in this fresh initiative where you can contribute to inspiring artistic projects and enthusing cultural events. Our aim is to grow into a big culture house with a good reputation in the Netherlands, Europe and Japan.
You will work with a close-knit group of Japan enthusiasts from versatile backgrounds. Currently, JACCU team consists of volunteered professionals and amateurs. Everyone in our team is extremely motivated and committed to making it a success. We are expecting you to invest 4 to 6 hours a week for this initiative to make it grow into the biggest Japanese art and culture centre of Europe!
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV by sending an email to email@example.com, stating your earliest possible availability. You can ask for more information about the vacancy through the same address or by calling Taciser Sevinc on +31621675158.
Susan Tyler Jenkins
NEWS & EVENTS
Taka’s online Japanese cooking class to help you brush up on your kitchen skills. Sign up for his cooking class in October now!
Free taiko trial lessons on the 12th of September (Sunday) is happening at the House of Circle’s Dojo in Montfoort.
The Kanji Course with Jim Gubbels will start on the 5th of October and it will last for 8 weeks on Thursday evenings.
Tokyo-based digital art collective teamLab is set to open a permanent exhibition for its popular immersive light Installations in Utrecht, the Netherlands in 2024.
日本芸術文化 センター ユトレヒト
Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht