JACCU is looking for a Head of Marketing & Communication
JACCU, the Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht is a young NPO based in Utrecht. Our mission is to disseminate Japanese art and culture in its broadest sense, enriching the cultural landscape of Utrecht and the Netherlands through engaging cultural activities and significant artistic projects.
We have a dedicated team of ambitious individuals working voluntarily at JACCU. Together with fellow Utrecht residents and Japanese organisations, we are building a community that serves as a central hub for gathering, practising, continuous learning, art creation, sharing, and gaining knowledge and experience. We welcome professionals, amateurs, enthusiasts, as well as individuals who are open to learning and appreciating the treasures and values of Japanese culture, regardless of their background, age, or nationality.
Head of Marketing & Communication (0.1-0.2 FTE)
JACCU has a strong presence in Utrecht and the Netherlands with a wide network following our website, newsletters, and social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and more. We also aim to increase our visibility in Europe and Japan.
As the Head of Marketing & Communication, you will be responsible for our entire marketing and communications strategy, including branding, holistic marketing, social marketing, service marketing through direct and digital marketing, organising promotional events, and developing a brand identity, together with a personal assistant and online content editors.
- Managerial-level experience in marketing and communications
Familiarity with the Dutch cultural sector and marketing trends within the sector
- Genuine interest in Japan and Japanese art and culture
5+ years experience in a similar position, preferably in the art and culture field
- Excellent command of English and good command of Dutch, with reading Japanese as a plus
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to engage people with compelling stories
- Experience in leading teams and working in multicultural environments
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy to raise awareness of JACCU, enhance brand identity, and make it stand out as a reputational organisation
- Regular and consistent collaboration with directors, coordinators and teachers to create and share content for the website
- Budget creation and management for marketing activities
- Develop promotional strategies for foundation events and offerings
- Develop advertising plans and digital and offline content for press and social media
- Creation and oversight of press releases, press kits, and promotional materials
- Collaborate with designers in creating giveaway materials
- Manage press, sponsors, and stakeholder databases
- Provide guidance and support to the team of volunteers responsible for creating online content
- Identify promotional opportunities for JACCU, including relevant events, festivals, concerts, workshops, etc.
- Participate in online meetings and provide strategic advice to directors and the team
- Attend foundation events in person to represent and promote JACCU
- Visit the Utrecht office when required
What we offer
JACCU, the Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht, is a young cultural initiative in Utrecht. You will work with a close-knit group of Japan enthusiasts from diverse backgrounds. With 15 volunteers currently working in JACCU, we aim to enhance our financial reliability with a professional team. Our vision is to grow into a prominent cultural house with a strong reputation in the Netherlands, Europe and Japan.
This is a volunteer position in an exciting initiative where you can contribute to inspiring artistic projects and engaging cultural events. We expect a regular and consistent commitment of 4 to 6 hours per week to help us become the largest Japanese art and culture centre in Europe!
Apply for the Head of Marketing & Communication Position
If you are interested in this position, please submit a motivation letter and CV by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your earliest possible availability. For more information about the vacancy, you can reach us through the same address or by calling Taciser Sevinc on +31621675158
Everyone is welcome at JACCU and gets an equal chance. JACCU strives for a team whereas many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives as possible come together. Therefore, feel free to respond to this vacancy.
Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht
A community for Japanese art and culture lovers to share and gain knowledge and experience.