JACCU is looking for a Programme Maker
JACCU, the Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht is a non-profit cultural organisation based in the city of Utrecht. We offer a centre for gathering, practice, research and continuous learning. We welcome both Japanese and non-Japanese alike to indulge their interests in the art and culture related to Japan.
Our mission is to unite and support the organisations, initiatives, artists and practitioners who are representing and nourishing Japanese art and culture in the Netherlands and around. We partner up with local organisations and individuals in the field. Together we co-organise and facilitate language courses, training in various martial arts, traditional arts & craft workshops and many other socially-engaged activities. We aim to provide a rich and high-quality cultural offering under one roof to enrich the cultural climate of Utrecht and the Netherlands.
Programme Maker (4-6 hrs per week)
JACCU is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic programme maker.
As a Programme maker, you are a ZZP’er residing in the Netherlands. You will put together a sharp and distinctive programming in all the diverse activities of JACCU. For the coming year, you will realize a strong context program in relation to the city and various audiences; and you will form a vision on education and public activities that match our mission and vision.
- Create a sharp and distinctive program in Japanese and Dutch art & culture field
- Develop, plan and produce various co-productions, programs and festivals, in relation to our cultural and social function
- Deepen and intensify our relationship with the Japanese community
- Understand the demands of the audience in Utrecht and the Netherlands
- Maintain contact with Gemeente Utrecht, various organisations, schools and relevant courses in Utrecht to collaborate and build partnership
- Find and apply relevant subsidy schemes working closely with fundraisers and financial team
- Work closely with artistic committee, marketing and communication teams
- Minimum 3 years experience in programme making in the Dutch art and culture sector
- Good knowledge of the art and culture community and trends in the Netherlands
- Ability to convert ideas from yourself and the team into concrete plans and projects
- Availability to travel within Utrecht province, and occasionally in Randstad
- Team player, able to work in a multicultural team, persuade or step back where necessary
- Respectful, polite manners, very organised working habits with attention to details
- Deep interest in Japan and Japanese culture
- Excellent command of English and Dutch, if you understand Japanese, it is a plus
What we offer
JACCU, the Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht is a new cultural initiative in Utrecht. We are offering a flexible position in this fresh initiative where you can contribute to inspiring artistic projects and enthusing cultural events. Our aim is to grow into a big culture house with a good reputation in the Netherlands, Europe and Japan.
You will work with a close-knit group of Japan enthusiasts from versatile backgrounds. Currently, JACCU team consists of volunteered professionals and amateurs. Everyone in our team is extremely motivated and committed to making it into the biggest Japanese art and culture centre of Europe!
We are expecting you to invest 4 to 6 hours a week for this initiative. For the activities that are subsidised, you will be paid by hourly rates for the execution period.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your earliest possible availability. You can ask for more information about the vacancy through the same address or by calling Taciser Sevinc on +31621675158.
Susan Tyler Jenkins
NEWS & EVENTS
JACCU Bunkakai is happy to announce its upcoming event KUCHIMATSURI | 口祭り, a Japanese culinary festival for your mouth on February 17th!
JACCU Art Platform is excited for the second Entaku Meeting in June, where we have planned an art tour at the city centre of Utrecht.
JACCU is happy to announce that JAE, the Japan Art Expo, is taking place in Utrecht in June 2023. Read more about our collaboration.
Come with your children and enjoy a Sunday afternoon full of interactive and creative workshops for little ones in Kodomo No Hi!
Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht
A community for Japanese art and culture lovers to share and gain knowledge and experience.