JACCU is looking for Content Editors
JACCU, the Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht is a non-profit cultural organisation based in the city of Utrecht. We offer a centre for gathering, practice, research and continuous learning. We welcome both Japanese and non-Japanese alike to indulge their interests in the art and culture related to Japan.
Our mission is to unite and support the organisations, initiatives, artists and practitioners who are representing and nourishing Japanese art and culture in the Netherlands and around. We partner up with local organisations and individuals in the field. Together we co-organise and facilitate language courses, training in various martial arts, traditional arts & craft workshops and many other socially-engaged activities. We aim to provide a rich and high-quality cultural offering under one roof to enrich the cultural climate of Utrecht and the Netherlands.
Content Editors (4-6 hrs per week)
Jaccu is looking for at least two competent and enthusiastic content editors.
As a content editor, you are a ZZP’er residing in the Netherlands. You will write, proofread and publish relevant online content. In general, you will be responsible for producing engaging quality content about JACCU’s events, our team and partners, Japanese art and culture. The content you write should convey and transmit the spirit of our organisation, as well as be original and captivating. There is so much to tell!
- Write blog posts to promote JACCU events and activities
- Conduct and write down interviews with our members, partners, artists etc.
- Find and/or produce original and compelling content for the website and other social media platforms
- Edit and optimize the articles written by others for SEO
- Propose monthly newsletters content
- Keep our website and social media up-to-date
- Monitor web traffic and user engagement monthly
- Work closely with other online content editors and marketing director and event coordinator
- Attend meetings, visit the Utrecht office when required
- Proven work experience as a content editor in cultural sector
- Talent in creation of quality posts in LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, Divi Visual Builder, SEO and keyword research
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Team spirit, attention to detail, proactive attitude
- Genuine interest in Japan and Japanese culture
- Knowledge of Japanese and Dutch language is a plus
What we offer
JACCU, the Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht is a new cultural initiative in Utrecht. We are offering a volunteer position in this fresh initiative where you can contribute to inspiring artistic projects and enthusing cultural events. Our aim is to grow into a big culture house with a good reputation in the Netherlands, Europe and Japan.
You will work with a close-knit group of Japan enthusiasts from versatile backgrounds. Currently, JACCU team consists of volunteered professionals and amateurs. Everyone in our team is extremely motivated and committed to making it a success. We are expecting you to invest 4 to 6 hours a week for this initiative to make it grow into the biggest Japanese art and culture centre of Europe!
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your earliest possible availability. You can ask for more information about the vacancy through the same address or by calling Taciser Sevinc on +31621675158.
Susan Tyler Jenkins
NEWS & EVENTS
Taka’s online Japanese cooking class to help you brush up on your kitchen skills. Sign up for his cooking class in October now!
Free taiko trial lessons on the 12th of September (Sunday) is happening at the House of Circle’s Dojo in Montfoort.
The Kanji Course with Jim Gubbels will start on the 5th of October and it will last for 8 weeks on Thursday evenings.
Tokyo-based digital art collective teamLab is set to open a permanent exhibition for its popular immersive light Installations in Utrecht, the Netherlands in 2024.
日本芸術文化 センター ユトレヒト
Stichting Japanese Art & Culture Centre of Utrecht